I've been programming professionally since 1978 in Assembly languages, Fortran, Pascal, C, C++, Tcl, Perl, Ruby (and probably a few more that I can't think of right now). In addition to being my profession, developing software is also a hobby, along with languages (mainly Indo-European and Semitic), linguistics, and ancient and mediaeval history.
- Latin Language 4.4k 4.4k 11 gold badge77 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.2k 2.2k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Super User 179 179 11 gold badge11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 139 139 33 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 101 101 11 gold badge11 silver badge22 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 18 Non-interactive SQLite3 usage from bash script
- 15 When and why did the ablative form?
- 13 Use of Greek article in Latin to clarify use of foreign indeclinable nouns
- 12 Is the prefix "di-" more Latin-like than "bi-"?
- 11 What is this letter?
- 9 How to uncomment blocks code in emacs
- 9 Is there any rule to the length of "e" in "-ensis<"?
- View more network posts →