I've been programming professionally since 1978 in Assembly languages, Fortran, Pascal, C, C++, Tcl, Perl, Ruby (and probably a few more that I can't think of right now). In addition to being my profession, developing software is also a hobby, along with languages (mainly Indo-European and Semitic), linguistics, and ancient and mediaeval history.
Connecticut, United States
Member for 2 years, 8 months
1 profile view
Last seen Jul 25 '19 at 14:15
- Latin Language 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge55 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.8k 1.8k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Super User 179 179 11 gold badge11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 139 139 33 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 101 101 11 gold badge11 silver badge22 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 15 When and why did the ablative form?
- 14 *Non-interactive* SQLite3 usage from bash script
- 12 Is the prefix "di-" more Latin-like than "bi-"?
- 11 Use of Greek article in Latin to clarify use of foreign indeclinable nouns
- 11 What is this letter?
- 8 Why does 'a' change to 'i' in verbs derived from 'habere'?
- 8 Did any Ancient Greek words have intervocalic /h/?
- View more network posts →