I am now a programmer, but I have a MA degree in Latin linguistics. My thesis was about elision in Latin poetry, and I'm mostly interested in pronunciation and verse scansion.
In my spare time, I'm working on an Open Source automated Latin verse scansion tool; its code is hosted on Github. The engine scans over 95% of the Aeneis' hexameters correctly. The site is under heavy development and will be suffering from featuritis soon.
(Profile picture courtesy of xkcd.com/405)
Top network posts
- 24 Why do I need a functional Interface to work with lambdas?
- 17 iTextSharp: Any support for dotnet core (netstandard1.6)?
- 13 Word order in Virgil's Aeneid - why so scrambled?
- 12 DbUnit fails to clean-insert: foreign key constraint
- 11 Java Annotation processor for remote JAR
- 11 What verb is wine made with?
- 10 What's the deal with Ov. Met. V, 414
- View more network posts →