I am now a programmer, but I have a MA degree in Latin linguistics. My thesis was about elision in Latin poetry, and I'm mostly interested in pronunciation and verse scansion.
In my spare time, I'm working on an Open Source automated Latin verse scansion tool; its code is hosted on Github. The engine scans over 95% of the Aeneis' hexameters correctly. The site is under heavy development and will be suffering from featuritis soon.
(Profile picture courtesy of xkcd.com/405)
Member for 4 years
3 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
Top network posts
- 23 Why do I need a functional Interface to work with lambdas?
- 17 iTextSharp: Any support for dotnet core (netstandard1.6)?
- 12 DbUnit fails to clean-insert: foreign key constraint
- 12 Word order in Virgil's Aeneid - why so scrambled?
- 11 Java Annotation processor for remote JAR
- 11 What verb is wine made with?
- 10 Stress and vowel length
- View more network posts →