A tag is useful if it has a descriptive name that is difficult to misinterpret and a good use description. Not all of our tags are this good. Which tags do you find confusing? Confusing can mean several things:
- The name is ambiguous.
- It is often used in the wrong way. Perhaps clarification would help.
- The difference to another tag is not clear. Perhaps the tags should be (de)synonymized to clarify things. (See our tag synonyms here.)
- There should be a description but there isn't one.
- The description is bad or outdated.
- You are not sure what a tag is supposed to mean.
- The tag should be translated to another language.
- And perhaps there is something I didn't think of…
My goal is to collect a list of problematic tags. Major tag changes are worth separate meta discussions (see the meta tag tags), but I wanted a place where one can report any tag confusions. Tags of the meta site are also welcome.
Anyone is free to edit any tag description and users above 1500 points can review suggested edits. If you don't want to do anything yourself (we're all volunteers!) or you don't know what to do, please post an answer here indicating that something should be done about a specific tag.
To format a tag as a clickable tag in your replies (and comments), write it as
[tag:praepositio] gives praepositio.
For meta tags, replace
meta-tag: to refer to e.g. discussion.